Forums : Lima SER Generator frame 280

Note: OldMan can be sporadic in his visits. If you do not get an answer fast enough, just contact him.

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:47 pm All times are UTC -5.00 hours

Lima SER Generator frame 280

sherwoodforest

S
Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 pm
I have this 1975 Lima Electric (now owned by Marathon Electric CO.). I need a couple of parts and am getting no where. I need a replacement fan (mounts on the Ford 192DF motor and connects to the generator) and also the throttle linkage are from the throttle cable transition to the injection pump (I sent the pump in to be re-built with this 7" shaft attached and it came back with out it). As for the shaft I have contacted a Ford industrial engine co. in Fresno, CA but they do not show this part for a diesel only for a gas model). As for the fan (one fin is missing, so I am told it will be out of balance) I am trying to work with Marathon Co. but am running into walls here also. Can you help with where abouts to find these items? Is there a bone yard for these older Ford industrial engines and Lima Electric generators ?
I have tried to contact Ford mfg co. but only end up in the wrong departments.
Thank you,
Brian

AnOldMan

A
Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:15 pm
Brian;
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this. Your best bet is a machinist, I'm a technician and just a shade-tree mechanic. I found some parts through a forklift repair company - a suggestion I would have never thought of myself. My two other sources have been eBay and government surplus auctions ( how I got an nos fuel pump ).