Forums : How to change the default private ip adresse 192.168.1.1 ?

Note: OldMan can be sporadic in his visits. If you do not get an answer fast enough, just contact him.

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:15 pm All times are UTC -5.00 hours

How to change the default private ip adresse 192.168.1.1 ?

powerak

P
Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:12 am
Hello,
i need to change the default ip adress 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254 in my SG20.
How to do this ?
thanks,
regards.
AlainK

powerak

P
Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:22 pm
J'ai trouve tout seul comme un grand : le bouton "propriete avance" dans la page reseau .....
Alain

DrSterni

D
Wed May 04, 2005 9:19 pm
powerak wrote:
J'ai trouve tout seul comme un grand : le bouton "propriete avance" dans la page reseau .....
Alain
Alain, please don't get me wrong. But please carry on speaking english here in this forum...
You know, I don't want to be rude or anything, but really most of the people in forums like these are trying hard to make their statements CLEAR, just in order to make anybody more or less understand what's going on, exactly like you did when you were posting your question in first place.
Thanks!
But now: regarding your question: the solution lies in the page "Network/Local Network (below)" and there under the button "Further Adjustments" (or something like that... I only have the german version running, there it says "Weitergehende Einstellungen"). Click on that button and you will be lead to a page with three possibilities of choosing "Configure". One is for the identification of your SG20 inside your workgroup/domain, second is for the private IP-adress and the third possibility is for NAT. Your should go for the 2nd one.
Hope it helps.
Yours, Dr.Sterni.
Rhythm is life and life is rhythm...

AnOldMan

A
Tue May 17, 2005 8:14 pm
ASSUMING YOU HAVE A WORKING SETUP AT THE DEFAULT ADDRESS OF 192.168.1.1 -----
Go to (Toshiba Magnia Administration)
Hit "NETWORK" then "LOCAL"
You should see :
 I want to: 
Enable High Security Mode
Enable Unrestricted Access to Public File Shares

I hope you have enabled High Security Mode... I HAVE YOUR IP!
(just kidding! I get regular therapy now... )
Hit "ADVANCED..."
Here is where you customize your LAN settings. Be careful. Remember to renew your desktop's IP address after committing any changes.
(You will not get a "Successful" message because you are no longer on the LAN you just switched the Magnia to!)